Verbal Reasoning is almost universally used as one, or in some cases both of the test papers in the 11+ Entrance Examination. A key area tests your child’s vocabulary.
Welcome to Farquhar’s Vocabulary Flash Cards – cards specifically created to improve your child’s verbal reasoning skills and ultimately succeed in the 11+ Entrance Examination.
My vocabulary flash cards are available as a pack of 3 structured sets. Each set contains 100 double sided cards:
• all words collated from recognised 11+ material
• ready to use – eliminates daunting word lists
• saves time – all the work has been done for you
• maximises your child’s potential and increases confidence
• flash card method highly recommended on recognised 11+ websites as a valuable learning technique
The competitive nature of the 11+ can make it a very stressful time for both parents and children. My carefully selected words have been collated from recognised 11+ material and aim to build confidence and vocabulary knowledge at the appropriate level of vocabulary tested in the 11+ selection examination.
• Builds confidence and understanding
• A child-friendly definition is also given for many of the syllables that make up the compound word
• Sample words -
lime + rick = limerick
pen + chant = penchant
ill + iterate = illiterate
par + able = parable
cap + rice = caprice and many more...